PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (Connecticut) 2002 WRX Wagon WRB

mavstang73
05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Its time for this one to go.

I bought it with 168000 on it and its up to 212k and change.
Title in hand and its clean. Both my hand and the title.
5 speed manual

The kinda good:
There are no engine modifications on the car as this was bought for daily driving and decent gas mileage.

It has some poly front swaybar bushings and Legacy rims with 20/50/16 tires. The tires are a slightly smaller diameter which explains the increased wheel gap. It also helps with lowering rotating weight and cruising rpm's.

In the last year I have replaced all the struts with KYB gr2's and done a 4 wheel brake job.

The tranny fluid has been swapped out for the Scotty cocktail (yeah I know keep the opinions to yourself).
Honestly really dont know why I just didnt go with a stock fluid.
The tranny doesnt grind and the clutch must have been changed at some point as it has a lot of life left in it.

I replaced the O2 sensor 4 months ago.

Replaced a fog light assembly when I bought it.

Replaced both front axles due to ripped boots.

Replaced the rear swaybar bushings.

Its actually a really nice driver and I enjoy driving it more than my FXT (edit... replaced the clutch on my FXT and it holds under more boost=more fun now.)

Just got under the car and found a cv boot clamp was a little loose and leaking grease. Filled with new grease and tightened clamp.

The bad:
Obviously it has rear quarter rust and I started cutting it out but have decided to move on and sell the car. I have a patch panel for the side I cut out.

It has dents and dings on basically every body panel. The rear bumper has some damage and I bought it that way. The drivers side rear taillight is cracked.

It has piston slap.

Has an exhaust leak and due to that every once and a while the CEL comes on for a P0420. Hasn't come on in awhile. Found the leak and its at the cat to mid-pipe junction. Have a gasket but didnt bother replacing it because the flange is in rough shape and the bolts are rusted.

The timing belt probably needs to be done. I dont have the prior service records so I cant tell you anything about when or what has been done to it.

The carpet is worn in the drivers area and my wife doesn't believe in keeping the car clean.

Power steering fluid is leaking and dripping on the exhaust.

Valve cover gasket is weeping on the drivers side.

Found the drivers side control arm needs to be replaced due to rot. Getting that done under recall on June 5th. Passenger side is fine.

I have 4 Subaru's currently. 3 of them turbo. Time to start thinning the herd.

Price: SOLD

tacoornot
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
bump for You!

mavstang73
05-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Added some stuff I forgot I replaced.
I had originally thought the clutch was funny when I bought it. Turns out I'm used to the FXT clutch with hill holder and it adds a ton of resistance.

I have a spare carpet for it and may be willing to replace the timing belt for the new owner depending on price. My wife and I still drive this car everyday.

stage2clothing
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Is the rust just body panel or on the frame as well? Thinking of a project car

mavstang73
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
It extends down to the rocker panel but it isnt in the "frame" so to speak.

The only areas on the car affected by rust are those 2 rear quarters and rocker panels where the water drips down.

The undercarriage is in much better shape with light surface rust on spots that have had the undercoating rubbed off.

Basically the same as any other car would have underneath in the CT/RI area.
As far as I'm concerned you guys up in ME/NH/VT have a whole different level of "normal" rust.

mavstang73
05-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Forgot to mention you can see the rocker panel rust I mentioned in one of the pics.
I didnt realize I had captured it. 4th pic down.

The patch panel I have waiting in the garage includes that portion.

98Wagoon
05-26-2012, 01:29 AM
This could be a fantastic project for someone. Glws!

mavstang73
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
bump

I fixed a couple of little things and found some more stuff that needs to be done.

I know the list seems long but ask yourself how many times you've gone to look at a car and the seller didnt tell you about something.
I'm listing every little thing I can find so there are no surprises.
I'm very picky.

mavstang73
07-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Bump
Someone scraped up the pass side of the car a little at my wifes place of employment.

Price drop $1400

pics of new scrape
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad88/mavstang73/be59019b.jpg

mavstang73
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
bump

07-31-2012, 12:00 AM
damn.. great price.

DHGurs
07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
My Name will buy this.

Nemesis
07-31-2012, 12:33 AM
if i had extra cash this would be a great start for a swap in to my OBS BUMP

mavstang73
07-31-2012, 12:59 AM
My Name will buy this.

Well he's welcome to contact me if he wants.
It's a firm price as low as it is.

My Name
07-31-2012, 07:34 PM
so for $1,400 I could drive it home? This is very tempting.

mavstang73
07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes you could. My wife drives it every day.

mavstang73
08-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Forgot to mention I drove it to NH in May.
The forester clutch was slipping so we took the wrx instead.
Id do it again without hesitation.

mavstang73
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Bump Car will be cleaned out and washed for the buyer.

serioussubaru
08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Once the blaze yellow I have for sale sells I will probably pick this up and part it out. I'm sorry, but I dont think it is worth it to keep the unibody :sadpanda: however, I could always use a spare 205 :cool:

mavstang73
08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Once the blaze yellow I have for sale sells I will probably pick this up and part it out. I'm sorry, but I dont think it is worth it to keep the unibody :sadpanda: however, I could always use a spare 205 :cool:

No need to feel sorry.
Whoever buys it can cut the top off and make a vegetable garden for all I care. Once I get paid and sign it over the new owner can do as they please. Just dont set fire to it in my yard.

Really I'd like to see someone hit 300000 without rebuilding the motor. I'd do it myself but I have 4 Subarus. 3 of them turbo. Gas stations love me.

08vtwrx
08-02-2012, 07:26 PM
how is the undercarriage of this car? I need a donor car for my forester.. Pm me!

mavstang73
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
how is the undercarriage of this car? I need a donor car for my forester.. Pm me!

Undercarriage is fine. Nothing like the rear fenders. Sent you a pm.

mavstang73
08-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Both lower control arms and front ball joints were replaced under the recall. I thought it was going to be just one.

08vtwrx
08-04-2012, 02:46 AM
PM'd you again! Just waiting on my bank :)

mavstang73
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
SOLD