User Tag List

Thread: 2005-2008 Remote Walkthrough

REGISTERD FORUM TROLL jonny-rockets's Avatar
    Threads
    Car
    06 CGM WRX

Default 2005-2008 Remote Walkthrough

hmm found this. looks useful.

2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 Tribeca, Impreza, Legacy, Outback, Forester (the Forester uses the 05 remote)
    program remote section
    information is always subject to change and correction

photo shown: new for 2006 remote key fob (except Forester) has a recessed unlock button which is harder to accidently hit.
    Tribeca and Legacy/Outback have a red panic button on back, Forester/Impreza do not. ALARM: to Disarm the system or set Valet mode.
    Legacy, Outback, Tribeca: When alarm is activated and you don't have the remote to de-activate, just turn the car on.
    Impreza, Forester: When alarm is activated and you don't have the remote to de-activate, override by turning key in ignition on-off 3x.
    Disarm the alarm system so it doesn't work
    1. Sit in the driver's seat and shut all doors and rear gate.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
    3. Hold down the UNLOCK side of the driver's power door locking switch on the door and Open the driver's door within the following 1 second!
    5. Wait 10 seconds without releasing the switch (holding the lock button).
    The setting will then be changed as follows, as indicated in the odometer/trip meter display:
    If the system was previously activated: The odometer/trip meter screen displays 'AL oF' and the horn sounds twice, indicating that the system is now deactivated.
    If the system was previously deactivated The odometer/trip meter screen displays 'AL on' and the horn sounds once, indicating that the system is now activated.
    Flashing alarm light
    The security indicator light flashes when the alarm system has been triggered.
    The number of flashes indicates the location of unauthorized intrusion or severity of impact.
    When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, the indicator light will light for 1 second
    and then flash as follow-
    5 times When a door or rear gate was opened.
    3 times When the ignition switch was turned to the ON position by using a key not registered with your immobilizer system.
    2 times When a strong impact or multiple impacts were sensed
    1 time on vehicles with optional shock sensors
    The shock sensors are not always able to sense impacts caused by breaking in, and cannot sense an impact that does not cause vibration such as breaking the glass using a rescue hammer. Shock sensor sensitivity can be adjusted by your dealer.
    The Chirp
    when locking/unlocking your Subaru from the keyless entry system the chirp can be disabled by performing the following: with all doors closed with the key in the ignition, open the driver's door, remove the key from the ignition, hold down the unlock button on the drivers door. While holding down that button, insert the key into and out of the ignition at least 6 times within 10 seconds. Continue holding the unlock button and close the driver's door. Signal lights should flash 3 times to confirm the setting.
    Use of the keyless transmitter with still lock and unlock the vehicle (and arm the alarm), but without the annoying chirping. Repeating the procedure will re-enable the keyless entry chirp.
    sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Founding Father/SCS Original
    Threads
    Car
    Ver8 ej207 + 6 speed

Nice!!!

Threads
    Car
    2004 WRX

Cool, thanks.

1.8L
    Threads
    Car
    03 2.5RS

mmmmmm cars101.com lots of good information, I used that site a few times when installing remote starts.

Jonathan

Founding Father/SCS Original
    Threads
    Car
    Ver8 ej207 + 6 speed

I'll have to do a walkthrough on programming the older key fobs

my remote stopped working about a year ago. and or i also lost it... well actually the remote was stolen when i left my keys in my bag at the gym. so ya. thank gawd for hiddahkey!

Threads
    Car
    06 WRX LTD 4EAT SGM

Sweet, thanks.

Default Re: 2005-2008 Remote Walkthrough

Good information!
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2