User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recall Notice: Service Program WVL-22 (2005-2008 N/A Forester, 2005-2007 N/A Impreza)

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    07 Forester 2.5X MT

Exclamation Recall Notice: Service Program WVL-22 (2005-2008 N/A Forester, 2005-2007 N/A Impreza)

Service Program DetailsProgram Number WVL22
    Year of Recall
    Completed / Open This service has not yet been completed.
    Program Title Fuel Tank One-way Fuel Valve
    Summary Dear Subaru Owner:

We would like to thank you for selecting a 2005 - 2008 Subaru Forester or 2005 - 2007 Impreza with a 2.5 Liter engine (non-Turbo). At Subaru, we take pride in our products and are committed to your continued satisfaction.
    During a quality review, we discovered that the one-way fuel valve located in your vehicle`s fuel tank may not perform as intended and could cause a condition that may damage the catalytic converter. To prevent this condition, the one-way fuel valve must be permanently removed from the fuel tank. Removal of the valve will not adversely affect the performance of your vehicle because it has been determined this valve is unnecessary.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    The one-way fuel valve is located at the base of a small sub-chamber contained in the fuel tank. When the tank`s fuel level drops below 1 gallons, the sub-chamber is intended to provide a fuel reserve for the fuel pump during vehicle cornering. However, the one-way valve may inadvertently act in such a way as to prevent fuel from refilling the sub-chamber, failing to provide the intended reserve. If this were to happen, the fuel pump could momentarily draw air, causing the engine to experience a sporadic misfire condition resulting in possible damage to your vehicle`s catalytic converter. (The "Check Engine" light will illuminate to alert you if the catalytic converter efficiency has degraded beyond an acceptable level and if your vehicle may be releasing air pollutants that exceed emission standards.)

WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO PROMPTLY
    You should immediately contact your Subaru Dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle`s fuel tank one-way valve permanently removed. The approximate time to perform this repair is 30 minutes. However, it may be necessary for you to leave your vehicle for a longer period on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your dealer flexibility in scheduling other appointments. Your Subaru dealer will perform this repair at no cost to you. Since it will be necessary for your dealer to remove the fuel pump from your vehicle`s fuel tank to access the one-way fuel valve, it would be helpful if the tank were less than half full at the time of service.
    Please present this letter to your Subaru Dealer on the day of your service appointment.

CALIFORNIA REGISTERED OWNERS
    The California Air Resources Board requires that emission related campaigns be completed prior to California`s vehicle registration renewal process; without this repair, you will not be able to register your vehicle during your next annual registration. Upon completion of the services required by this campaign, your California dealer will complete and provide you a "Proof of Correction Certificate." If required, present the certificate to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (the "DMV") when renewing your California registration as proof of campaign completion. If the DMV does not request the certificate, we recommend that you keep it for your records.
    In addition, the State of California requires that every vehicle must pass an emission test (SMOG Check) every two years and before it is sold. Without the free service we are providing, your vehicle may be more likely to fail this test and require that you make costly repairs.

CHANGED YOUR ADDRESS OR SOLD YOUR SUBARU?
    If you have changed your address, or if you have sold your Subaru, please complete the enclosed prepaid postcard and mail it to us.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE
    To locate your nearest Subaru Dealer, you can access our web site at Subaru Cars, Wagons, SUVs, Crossovers | Subaru of America and go to the dealer locator function. Or, you may call us at 1-800SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783) during normal business hours. Please call or write (using the address at the top of this letter) us immediately if the dealer fails or is unable to complete this procedure free of charge. Your continued satisfaction with Subaru is important to us. This modification is intended to assure your vehicle`s optimal performance. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause and urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible to have this repair performed.

Sincerely,

Subaru of America, Inc.
    Last edited by Nick D; 11-01-2009 at 08:23 AM.

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    2007 Impreza

<----- Pissed.

Threads
    Car
    09 WRX

my brothers started having this issue last week. lol

cold start up it would shake like a mofo. Happened twice and goes away, we just got the notice today.
    09 Wrx Hatch Stg II - Electrical guru

Threads
    Car
    07imprz07lego97obs98

Why pissed? Its any easy fix. Your dealer does it FREE!!
    Pop open gas tank, remove little tiny rubber flap at bottom. Close tank. Done.

If by chance you have a P0420 you also get a new cat.

Quote Originally Posted by inski View Post
    Pop open gas tank, remove little tiny rubber flap at bottom. Close tank. Done.

If by chance you have a P0420 you also get a new cat.

Guys...I'm a Suburu newbie and received that recall...what's a P0420? Computer code? Had troubles with Check Engine Light and rough starting in early September (Forester would not start while on vacation)! Just before vacation, my wife ran out of gas with the car (don't ask...). Had it towed to a dealer...hooked up the car to the computer...codes were 'weird' according to the tech. Checked parts...all were ok except for replacing plugs (88K miles). For the past 1.5 months its been running fine BUT this morning, it started crappy and the Check Engine light came on again but did go off...

So, is any of this consistent with this recall? Or is the fuel filter (in the gas tank?) possibly part of this problem? I'm confused and not a motor head! Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks in advance....

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    07 Forester 2.5X MT

Would my 2.5x 07 get a new cat under P0420?

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    2007 Impreza

I know, but it's still an inconvenience. I guess it's not all bad, my car is due for a service soon anyways. Might wait a bit and have them do this while it's in for that.

I can just see that back-and-forth between me and Tri-City about my high-flow cat. The car throws codes anyways, and they're going to think it's a result of this defective part.

Threads
    Car
    07imprz07lego97obs98

heymaker, what year is your car?

Nick, they should do it, its stated in the technical procedures in the recall.

Hamhocks, your dealer might have issues with the HF cat. You might have your emissions warranty flagged. Maybe switch back to the stock cat so you can have the flap removed? The flap "could" cause lean misfires during low fuel level conditions, which isn't good for any car. Then when its done switch back to the HF cat. Or remove the flap yourself. Just pull up the fuel pump and you'll see the orange doo-dad at the bottom of the tank. stuff your arm in there and grab it, then button everything up.

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    07 Forester 2.5X MT

I was driving the other day, light just turned green applied gas, engauged clutch ect as normal and the car bucked. Engine light came on immediatly. Scanned code came up as "cyclender # 2 misfire" Inspect wire and plug. Looked good.

Related? Car seemes to really shutter at rpms less than 1,500.

Just got inspection sticker last week, emmisions passed. Current milage is 96,000
    Last edited by Nick D; 11-01-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Threads
    Car
    07imprz07lego97obs98

that might not have anything to do with the recall. Coils have been crappin out. But I can only speculate since I cant see your car.

2.5L
    Threads
    Car
    2007 Impreza

Or remove the flap yourself. Just pull up the fuel pump and you'll see the orange doo-dad at the bottom of the tank. stuff your arm in there and grab it, then button everything up.
    I'll probably go this route. Going back to stock and back again would be a HUGE ordeal. Thanks for the advice. So it's just a rubber flap?

Threads
    Car
    2007 subaru impreza 2.5i

does anyone know exactly where in the tank this valve is? i have gotten the same recall notice but will not bring my car to the deal they just **** everything up!!!! i have the resources to do this myself easily and will. I just wanted to kno exactly wat im looking for
    2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Satin White Pearl

Threads
    Car
    07imprz07lego97obs98

Pull the fuel pump (the bigger oval one).
    right under it at the bottom (of tank) is a round orange rubber thing. Pull straight up. Its the only orange thing in there. Nickle sized. Throw it away. Reinstall fuel pump with new gasket. Done!!!!!!!

Threads
    Car
    07imprz07lego97obs98

WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO PROMPTLY
    You should immediately contact your Subaru Dealer for an appointment to have your vehicle`s fuel tank one-way valve permanently removed. The approximate time to perform this repair is 30 minutes. However, it may be necessary for you to leave your vehicle for a longer period on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your dealer flexibility in scheduling other appointments. Your Subaru dealer will perform this repair at no cost to you. Since it will be necessary for your dealer to remove the fuel pump from your vehicle`s fuel tank to access the one-way fuel valve, it would be helpful if the tank were less than half full at the time of service.
    Please present this letter to your Subaru Dealer on the day of your service appointment.

Threads
    Car
    06 Vf 39'd WRX and 9

You only get a new cat if your's has been proven compromised, not just if the light is on. There are 4 new recalls out as of Oct. 1st, A LOT of vehicles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast